Saturday 10 May 2008

DNS Pointing changed

The DNS pointing is now changed.  The URL now points to the new server.   However, this may take a few hours, up to a day, to propagate around the world.

Until it's propagated to me, I can't do a full test of the forum.  I can manually navigate to it using it's IP address - however - the settings have to reflect the actual domain.  So while I can navigate to it with the IP - all the links now say umsf.com/whatever  - which means I can't test the functionality as that still points to the old server.

To make a visual differentiation between what should, in essence, be identical websites - I have add ' THE OLD SERVER' in red stamped text over the banner on the top left of the old server.   If you ctrl-refresh, you will probably still see that.


Once I'm NOT seeing it, it means I'm pointing at the new server, and I can check the settings - add a post, delete a post, add an attachment, go to the admin section, and re-open the forum.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No old server label from Iowa, its still showing as offline though.

alan

Anonymous said...

Logged out and checked again, now I see the old server label. I wasn't seeing it before because I'm still using the default skin.

alan